Thank you for interest in St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic School. Whether you are just beginning your education journey or looking for a new school, our administration and staff is happy to help you in any way.
St. Raphael School admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.
Admission of New Students
Students who have registered for Grades K-8 and qualify for acceptance will be accepted in the following order:
Please be aware that all acceptances are conditional upon the school’s being able, by employing reasonable accommodations, to meet the needs of the child.
Preschool - Four (4) years of age by August 1st for the proposed school year
Kindergarten - Five (5) years of age by August 1st for the proposed school year
First grade - Six (6) years of age by August 1st for the proposed school year
Eligibility for Acceptance
- Signed and completed preschool information form
- All students will be tested by the teachers for readiness.
1st - 8th Grade
- The proposed student shall be six (6) years of age by August 1st for the school year for which he/she is seeking admission in 1st grade and shall have successfully completed a certified kindergarten program.
- Students may be tested for readiness.
- After an acceptance decision has been made, parents must provide the following information:
- Immunization certificate
- Health records
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal record (Catholic Applicants)
- Statement from a doctor or therapist verifying any diagnosis and/or medication which may impact the student in school
- Copies of any psychological testing
- Signed permission to obtain records from previous school to be used if student is accepted
- Any court documents such as custody agreements, guardianship documents, etc. which the school needs in order to keep your child safe
Application for Admission
Before an acceptance can be made, the following must be provided to the school office:
- Completed Application
- $200 application fee per child (only refundable if a child is not accepted)
- Signed release of information form allowing St. Raphael to contact the prospective student’s previous school
- Current Report Card
- Standardized Test Scores
- Student Accommodation Plans including any assessment data
Application Deadlines & Fees
The application process is ongoing. Re-enrollment for students currently attending St. Raphael Catholic School will be held in mid-January. A $125 application/re-enrollment fee, which will be applied to the school's annual Instructional Materials Fee, is to be paid at the time of application/re-enrollment. The fee is refunded only if the child is not re-admitted to St. Raphael Catholic School. The remainder of the school instructional materials fee will be due July 1st.
Acceptance & Enrollment Process
For students already enrolled, acceptance is automatic if the Re-Enrollment form and Instructional Materials fees are received on time. The student must also be in academic and behavioral good standing. For new families, immediately after the acceptance decision is made, the parent will be notified in writing that the student is:
Please note that enrollment is not complete until original records (permanent record card(s) with grades for every grade from Grade 1 to the present grade level, standardized test results, attendance, effort and conduct information) have been received from the previous school. The parent needs to expedite that process by notifying the previous school that a records request will be arriving and that the records need to be forwarded quickly.
Once the family has been notified of acceptance by the school, and the child's final records are received from their previous school, the student is eligible to attend classes. If classes begin before final records are received, the student may be allowed to enroll on probationary status, but the student will not be allowed to remain enrolled in class if the records do not arrive within a reasonable length of time relative to their acceptance date. The student will not be allowed back in class until those records are received.
For questions, more information, or schedule a visit: